Join the Fight for Commuter Rail
When we launched our campaign last month, we promised to start serving our community and acting on important issues right away – not eight months later after we win the election. We've had plenty of opportunities to serve already and now is our first chance to take action on a critical issue facing District 5: commuter rail.
Here's the deal: The Senate Transportation Committee is holding a public hearing on rail TODAY at 1:15pm in Concord. This is our last best chance to put the NH Capitol Corridor Rail project back on track by restoring $4 million in federal funds for engineering and environmental impact analysis. Although our opponent, Councilor Wheeler, has voted to block funding in the past, we have a chance to move the project forward if we act now:
1. CALL & EMAIL UNDECIDED SENATORS
- Sen. Nancy Stiles: (603) 271-3093 / email@example.com
- Sen. Regina Birdsell: (603)271-4151 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Gary Daniels: (603) 271-3042 / email@example.com
2. ATTEND THE SENATE HEARING
- What: Senate Transportation Public Hearing on HB 2016
- When: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 1:15PM
- Where: Legislative Office Building, Room 103, Concord, NH
- CARPOOL: Meet at our campaign office, 95 W. Pearl St in Nashua at 12pm
3. SPREAD THE WORD
Share this graphic on social media and write your own posts using #Rail4NH to make the case about how NH residents have been waiting too long for passenger rail. The NH Rail Transit Authority study shows that extending rail from Lowell to Nashua and Manchester would create 5,600 permanent jobs and 3,390 construction jobs; produce 3,600 new residential units and nearly 2 million in real estate development; and leverage hundreds of millions in federal funds for the good of our state. Let's put rail back on track now!